Koei Tecmo has announced Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV, the latest entry in its popular strategy series, for PlayStation 4 and PC, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals. It will launch this winter in Japan.
Here are the first details:
One Big Map Where Multiple Scenes Occur
- “Lord-like gameplay,” where both Domestic commands and battles occur on the same map, is being deepened.
- The game will progress by plotting / cycling through the “strategy phase,” in which you instruct Domestic and military commands, and the “advance phase,” in which those instructions are put into effect.
New Element: “War Front”
- All of China is divided into small divisions (HEX), and each division becomes a basis of income for each faction.
- A division can be obtained by simply occupying it with your troops, and there is no requirement of conquering cities.
- When attacking enemies, you can also utilize tactics such as breaking its connection with cities to cut off logistics.
More Than 1,000 Officers: The Highest in the Series Yet
- There are officers that may ignore the player’s commands.
- There are active officers who will not only await a command, but propose their own.
- Even an officer with low stats is unique, and no officer is just a placeholder.
Configure the “Governments” of Each faction
- By setting officers on the organization chart, you can obtain various effects and special commands.
- The configuration of an organization chart will change depending on the ideology of the ruler.