Dear Villagers will publish BenStar-developed twin-stick roguelite platformer Revita for PC via Steam when it launches in 2021, the company announced.
“Some people spend their time playing games in the genres they love,” said BenStar founder and solo developer Benjamin Kiefer in a press release. “I prefer to make them. This game is a love letter to action platformers, roguelites, twin stick games and the people who play them.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Dear Villagers:
In Revita, players must climb an ominous clock tower through a series of procedural encounter rooms and clear challenging boss fights on their way to reclaiming their lost memory. Along the way players will be able to trade health for randomized upgrades as the game dares them to live on a knife-edge.
- Trade Life for Power – Exchange health for power in fast-paced glass cannon gameplay.
- Unique Runs – Battle through an almost infinite variety of combat encounters in procedurally generated rooms.
- Endless Character Builds – Twin stick shooting, dashing and wall sliding are just the beginning – find power-ups and items on each run.
- Tweak Your Game – An extensive set of options lets you tweak Revita to your playstyle – slow down time, set an outline color for enemies to make them easier to track or choose the level of aim assist that feels right for you.
- A Mysterious World – Explore an underground subway line infested with monsters and filled with colorful characters who will help you on your journey.
- Reclaim Lost Memories – A nameless child with no memories awakens in a mysterious clock tower that is connected by a metro system with only a vague sense of purpose, hoping to find answers at the top.
Watch the announcement trailer below.