Publisher Modus Games and developers Dreams Uncorporated and SYCK have released a new trailer introducing the characters of Cris Tales.
The companies also announced the game’s voice cast:
- Kira Buckland in the role of Crisbell – Crisbell is the main character of Cris Tales. She is a young orphan with a slim figure that is unaware of her latent powers as a time mage, until Matias the frog helps her unlock her abilities. She is able to see into the past and future, and can interact with both of them to change the present.
- Cody Rock in the role of Matias – Matias is a small, orange talking frog with a black top hat who meets Cris Bell at the beginning of the game. After stealing a rose from the garden Cris Bell is tending, he leads her to the Cathedral where she discovers Crystals of Time, granting her the power to control time. He will assist her party in various ways throughout the game.
- Lindsey Vega in the role of Willhelm – Wilhelm is Crisbell’s magic teacher who you will meet early on in the game. He looks like a child, but has a pretty remarkable level of skill and experience. He tends to be a bit sarcastic. He is well known in the city of Neva Tulira and is friends with many members of the Oroitz family, the most powerful family there.
- Zeno Robinson in the role of Cristopher – Christopher is a brave and heroic Mage Warrior that helps defend the Kingdom of Narim from Goblins. He fights with dual gauntlets that can be joined together to create a shield to defend against enemy attacks. His magical abilities allow him to conjure different elemental attacks such as fire and water that can be enhanced by Cris Bell’s time powers.
- Lizzie Freeman in the role of Zas – Zas is upbeat, outgoing, and a bit of a wildcard. Cris Bell’s party will encounter her upon arriving in the Kingdom of Cinder, where she will aid the team with her explosive set of tools. She is instantly recognizable by her athletic build, dark apparel, and large green bag.
- Daman Mills in the role of JKR-721 – JKR-721, also known as K, is a mechanical android built to fight. His armor grants him the ability to charge and attack rapidly with a series of electrical attacks, assisted by a jetpack hidden underneath his coat. He exhibits a genuine curiosity about the world, and will join Cris Bell on her adventure.
- Suzie Yeng as Various Characters
- Sean Chiplock as Various Characters
- Jenny Yokobori as Kari Hudo
- Cassie Ewulu as Lucia
- Sarah Thomas as Fenia
- Rhiannon Moushall as Assan
- Christina Kelly as Lau
- Lindsay Shepherd as Rysa and Nasar
- Adin Rudd as Lucio
- Michael Kovach as Azufra
- Farah Rishi as Orola
- Dawn M. Bennet as Rhallus
- Tamara Ryan as Gladys
- Laila Berzins as Buki
- Marissa Lenti as Sophia
- Dani Chambers as Adri
- Kamran Nikhad as Enzo
- Natalie van Sistine as Mother Superior
- Tyler Carson as Armando
- Tiana Camacho as Galley and June
- Meredit Sims as Volcano and Paulina
- Vincent Fallow as Farmer Robert
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Experience Past, Present, and Future simultaneously in this gorgeous, indie love letter to classic JRPGs.
Cris Tales is a gorgeous, indie love letter to classic JRPGs with a new perspective. Peer into the past, act in the present, and watch as your choices dynamically change the future — all on one screen as you play! Join the newly awakened Time Mage Crisbell and her fantastical companions on their journey across a dark, fairytale world facing a grim future.
Crisbell must embark across Crystallis and the four Kingdoms in a bid to stop the powerful Time Empress and rewrite the future of the world and all those living in it. Along the way, she’ll meet and recruit powerful allies with their own unique stories and skills like Matias the Frog and Willhelm the Child Mage.
As she explores the world and meets her unique companions, Crisbell will have to make choices with far-reaching consequences for the people she meets – consequences that will impact the world you’ll experience in real-time throughout your journey. Each companion will be invaluable as you face these choices and the myriad enemies who stand in your way. Will you buffet them with attacks, or discover creative ways to use Crisbell’s time powers to alter the reality of each fight?
Beautifully hand-drawn 2D art is animated frame by frame to bring the branching pasts and futures of each region, enemy, and NPC to life across more than 20 hours of gameplay. Experience a unique combination of branching stories, innovative combat, and classic RPG excitement in Cris Tales’ exciting and unforgettable exploration of how our actions echo through time.
- A Love Letter to Classic JRPGs – Inspired by timeless JRPGs like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Valkyrie Profile, and modern classics like Bravely Default and Persona 5, meet and recruit a unique cast of teammates, challenge myriad enemies, and make your way through an expansive world.
- Experience the Past, Present, and Future Simultaneously – Peer into and learn from the past, decide on actions in the present, and alter the course of the future in ways that will reshape the world dynamically depending on the choices you make.
- Master Strategic Turn-Based Combat – Warp your enemies into the past or future, synchronize attacks for enhanced group abilities, and master the timing of attack and defense to go beyond your party’s limits in combat.
- Uncover a Fascinating Story & Characters – The Empress’ plot to destroy the world is complex and layered. Use your wits and recruit powerful allies throughout the world to uncover and undo her multi-faceted web and make your way to the True Ending of this enchanting tale.
- Discover a Beautiful World – Climb aboard an airship or boat and traverse this handcrafted, dark fairytale world. From the shining kingdom of Crystallis to the slums of Saint Clarity, discover each unique location and shape its future.
Watch the trailer below.