The PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC (Steam) versions of Capcom Arcade Stadium will launch on May 25, Capcom announced. Users who purchase the game before June 8 will receive the newly announced “Display Frames Set 1” for free (it will cost $0.99 after).
Capcom also announced that Capcom Arcade Stadium will expand to include more arcade classics in the future. More information regarding specific titles and release timing will be revealed at a later date.
The new downloadable content “Invincibility” mode was also announced. Priced at $0.99, it allows players to survive deadly hits and obstacles to avoid the “Game Over” screen.
The collection of Capcom classics first launched for Switch on February 17. It includes 1943: The Battle of Midway as a free title. The following three add-ons including 10 titles per pack are also available for $14.99 each:
- Pack 1: Dawn of the Arcade (1984 to 1988): Vulgus, Pirate Ship Higemaru, 1942, Tatakai no Banka, Legendary Wings, Bionic Commando, Forgotten Worlds, and Ghouls ‘n Ghosts.
- Pack 2: Arcade Revolution (1989 to 1992): Strider, Dynasty Wars, Final Fight, 1941: Counter Attack, Senjo no Okami II, Mega Twins, Carrier Air Wing, Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, Captain Commando, and Varth: Operation Thunderstorm.
- Pack 3: Arcade Evolution (1992 to 2001): Warriors of Fate, Street Fighter II’: Hyper Fighting, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Powered Gera: Strategic Variant Armor Equipment, Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness, 19XX: The War Against Destiny, Battle Circuit, Giga Wing, 1944: The Loop Master, and Progea.
A set including all three packs is also available for $39.99.
Here is an overview of the game, via Capcom:
Relive the Capcom classics!
1943: The Battle of Midway comes as a free download!
Shooters, fighting, action—all your favorite genres in this exciting collection! Capcom Arcade Stadium brings back all the nostalgia of the arcade, while adding in new and exciting features you’ll wish you had back then!
- Just Like the Good Old Days – From 3D-rendered arcade cabinets to scanline filters, there’s everything you need to recreate that arcade atmosphere. Fully customizable display settings let you craft your own personal experience and truly relive the glory days of arcade gaming.
- Brand New Ways to Play – With gameplay rewind, speed adjustment, and the ability to save and load your game at any time, your old favorites will feel new all over again!
Every game has online leaderboard rankings, so you can see where you stack up against players all over the world!
Capcom Arcade Stadium, where retro appeal meets cutting-edge features for a fresh take on Capcom’s classics!
- 1943: The Battle of Midway
- Players: One / Two-Player Co-Op
- Genre: Shooting
- Versions: Japanese and English
- Note: Player numbers differ based on the game. Multiplayer gameplay is available on local connections only.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.